Monday, October 5, 2009

Park and Tilford Gardens


Thought I'd pirate some beauties from the public gardens, since the sun is still shining, the Datura's still blooming (sigh, that's what overwintering in a greenhouse will do for it! What a beauty.) This blossom is intoxicating and, unbeknownst to JJBean-imbibing customers in the vicinity, emanating mysterious powers only known to South American shamans. Shamen. Inhale if you dare.


Now I've finally got a photo of ...


...a relative of the common Burning Bush--Euonymous alata--but enormous, and bearing a lovely show of fruit-escences (my word for something that is half-way between a fruit and a flower) this time of year. So beautiful! Why don't we see this around more often? I want to plant them in my gardens!




And last of all, an electric combination of a red Abutilon (not hardy, sorry) and the famously invisible-until-its-berries-appear Callicarpa bodinieri. So beautiful. (Have I used "beautiful" too often in this entry?)

Thank-you, Park and Tilford Garden folk.





No comments: