Monday, October 5, 2009

Glorious Day Count-Down??


Whether or not you are a bicycle-gardener, there is a certain morose contemplation that accompanies the decline of summery weather. (Photo above for dramatic effect.)

Oh, the freedom of cycling and gardening and roaming, unfettered by rain gear, tuques, and woolly socks!

Wait a second. At precisely the moment captured in time above, a whiff of distant mountain air scythed from the peaks into my valley-dwelling, lake-pondering brain. And in one instant, I Remembered Skiing.

So I Nikwaxed my raingear, bought a svelte little stainless steel thermos and a svelte little ear-covering fleecy hat that fits under a bike helmet, and I do believe I have successfully navigated my annual episode of Seasonal Transition Syndrome.

A little premature. We've got another week of glorious weather..

No comments: