Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Fall


This doesn't even look real. But it is. This is Kathryn & Jim's garden today.

When trees turn colour, they suddenly look like they are floating. Like the next one here:



The yellow/coral tree is an ornamental cherry, and the white...is a Butterfly variegated Japanese maple. It looks whiter than usual. I think it's on the cusp of its autumn pinking. Thanks for sending in this pic, Dan & Deb.



And ah yes, here's my yacht-shot. And the dock I jump off in the summer.
And Rose's sumac, doing what it does best.

I really tried, recently, to get a picture of the profusion of jellyfish floating around by the shore, but they'd always drifted off by the time I got back with my camera. Camera-shy, I guess. If you steal the soul of a jelly-fish, there's not much left. They really are otherworldly--is this jelly-fish season? Apple-picking and jelly-fishing season.
Enjoy these last days of drifting through the coral sea of your gardens...

No comments: