Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bean And Sunflower House--Progress Report

So far, so good. The structure that I manically built out of bamboo stalks one evening in May is thankfully being swarmed by the Scarlet Runner beans. The sunflower 'walls', which I transplanted too late, right at the beginning of a hot spell, are finally looking robust. I coulda-shoulda planted beans on both sides of the archway over the path, but the Rudbeckia daisies (now in full bloom) filled all available space at the time and I didn't have the heart (or the time, natch) to pull them out

 Anyways, the archway and the bean-dome are making me happy because it's nice to walk underneath for easy access to the beans.

I'll post another pic when the sunflowers are full-on, and when the tomatoes (planted at the feet of the sunflowers) are producing. Everything is pretty late up here in the high altitudes!
There's Pooey, coming for a visit. What a name, I know. For gardeners, cats named Pooey are somehow fitting.


No comments: