Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shared-House & Garden Fast-Forward

I'm back. Really.

I've missed you, Blog, and mystery blog-friends, and not-so-mysterious blog-friends.

A lot has happened in this interlude from blogging, which probably explains the interlude from blogging.

I think I've had a crash-course in humanity, as I forge through the second year of setting up camp and garden in Osborne House.

 I think I'm a slightly more ragged, simultaneously toughened and tenderized version of myself. I like me better.

When I 'inherited' the lease here, I had to work double-time to create a space I could...wanted... and loved to live in.  I wanted this place to be awesome so badly it became a bit of a mantra through the tough times, when I had to make hard decisions. I still say awesome way too much.

The first year was really fun...but waaay more of a roller coaster than than this second year. I've learned a few things. My current housemates are a rock-climbing punk, a gypsy pie-maker, and literate bon-vivant--all of whom have been here for more than 9 months. (The literate bon-vivant has been here almost as long as I have.)

Shared living is awesome. Never boring.

And the garden.
I adore the garden.
I am shamelessly in love with the garden.

This garden brought me back from Ghana--where I'd spent years investing love and hope and sheer energy into a house and a garden and a family who are still there. This garden brought my energy back here. Thanks, garden!

All of these pictures are from 2012--the year gone by in blog-less-ness.



I divided bits from clients' gardens.
I planted from seed,  bought and shared.
I rescued and revived what was here.
I bought myself a rose, and herbs for the herb garden.

Tea in the garden before work, every morning.
Bare feet out the door.



















No comments: