Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wavin' Away in Margaritaville

Here's a plant combo I'm currently in love with: Mexican Hair Grass (Stipa tenuissima) and tulips in a dee-luxe planter...on a dee-luxe patio where I keep forgetting I'm the hired help and keep finding myself on a lounge chair, calling for a margarita.

No one ever comes. Can't get good help these days.




If you scroll up and down really fast, you can simulate the Mexican Hair Grass waving in the breeze. You could even go make yourself a margarita for the full effect, if it's after noon.



I love this effect because it looks like someone dragged a paintbrush through the tulips...or maybe it looks like fibre optics...
Grasses provide a gentle sense of movement in a garden, which is especially effective in a setting surrounded by heavy planters, solid hedges, large mansions, etc.

No comments: