Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh never mind...


Just kidding. I know that wasn't April Fools Day, but close enough. I'm still posting to this blog.


Fact is that, yes, I'm taking a part-time online technicial writing course so have to spend a lot of time in front of the computer. I got scared. I could feel my eyeglass prescription racketing up.


At the same time, I've slowly realized that there are hundreds--perhaps thousands--of people out there who spend all day every day in front of computers. Shocking. So this may be a public service: sharing my peasant-like toil to remind them to be happy they're warm and safe and dry, with nice dental plans and vacation pay etc. Hmm.

Or: sharing my grounds-eye view of plant wonders, to remind people of the vitality outside the door, the living systems that keep us alive even though we spend our time in 3-D movie theatres swooning over blue aliens.


In reality, we wear rubber suits at times and have questionable hair. "We" being charismatic megafauna who Feel the Source. I see you.

Enough of that.

In fact, that pic above was at Eagle Island on Friday, the day the gale blew in and sunk a sailboat in the West Van Yacht Club regatta. Boat after boat bailed out and came back in with dishevelled crews. No kidding. Mike (garden comrade) and I nearly got blown out to sea when the battery motor on our putt-putt boat ran down. The wind was blowing so hard, we drifted off-course and I could just leap out onto the end of the dock before we ended up out there...



This pic was, however, after the gale had blown through a bit, and we were sitting on the deck, sampling lobster/shrimp bisque and 5-cheese bread with the owner. Doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

Here's the trailing rosemary, in full gorgeous bloom after a very mild winter, and in spite of the current tempest...

Wait, is that a Na'vi-pot??

No comments: