Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lyndon Penner's Somewhat Premature but Enthusiastic Book Fan Club









Here's Lyndon, standing next to the Miscanthus sinensis 'Morning Light' in my garden--a plant he is poignantly envious of, since maiden grasses don't flourish in short-season gardens east of the Rockies.

I, along with an unknown number of Lyndon's garden/nature/wild kindred spirits west of the Rockies are eagerly awaiting the forthcoming publish-ment (I made up that word) of his BOOK in 2014 entitled something pious like The Short-Season Yard but promising to be oozing with his irreverent, way funny, at times scalding, borderline restricted--yet thoroughly educational--scribings on Horticultural Matters of Import.

I have to say I'm simply astonished at the dimensions of Lyndon's knowledge and enthusiasm for the Green World and secretly wish I had a 'Lyndon App' to fill in my gaps with fascinating facts.

Lyndon has been a New Friend highlight in this past year, as he gypsies his way to and fro, teaching horticultural courses from Alberta to Saskatchewan, leading nature interpretive walks in Waterton National Park, and roving to the West Coast when the rainforests call.
This is his first book contract and he wrote it so fast the publisher's head is spinning.
I'm starting the book fan club now.

The link to the Amazon order-your-book-here page: Short Season Yard



His Jadecypress blog link: One Voice Calling Out From the Garden


This Dec/Jan  :)


No comments: