Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Island-time garden design...

Here are some design ideas from Keats Island this past long weekend...(two weeks ago already?)


While I am mildly confused by the rock, I was pleasantly surprised to discover at least one other stump-chair-maker in B.C. (my dad is one).



It takes a certain presence of mind, whilst chain-sawing down a large evergreen tree, to think, "Well, while I'm here, I may as well make a chair."


This person took it to another level, with arm-rests, and a mysterious planting in the seat. That also confuses me a little bit. But still, let's hear it for stump-chairs.



This next item cannot be easily duplicated, due to the time lapse required for the child's bicycle to assume a nostalgic patina whilst hanging in yon olde apple tree. A classic bicycle-garden moment.




This little Full Moon maple (Acer shirasawanum 'Aurea') claims the semi-shade by the kitchen window--a delicate tree amidst the rugged island woods.




So ya--gardener's holiday with the girls--we mowed the grass, and that's about it...




No comments: