Monday, May 2, 2011

Kerria japonica, Fritillaria imperialis Updates!

Yes, I know I posted these as my Plants of the Week two weeks ago, but they just got better. I'm always extra-impressed by flowers that are as big as my head.



I'm also happy to report that, in the rain, Fritillarias don't stink. Not a trace of the skunky musk that emanated from the bulbs/even the leaves as they emerged. Also, the fact that they bloom so early, before poolside lounging is really a feasible activity, makes them a pleasing poolside planting...even if they do tend to stink on sunny days (who would know, these days?).







I'm also doing a little promo here for the underplanting of Anemone coronaria (the ones that florists use), in a lovely complementary shade of blue. So, as you can see, they bloom at exactly the same time. (I totally planned that :D)





And here's the Kerria japonica again, looking even better. Ah, May.

No comments: